PizzaExpress Case Study
One of Britain’s best-loved casual dining brands, PizzaExpress has 440 restaurants in the UK, each with its own distinctive style. Outstanding customer experience, great design and exceptional quality are fundamental values of the brand, which continues to grow at an impressive pace.
Facilities management is therefore central to the company’s success, and by 2013 PizzaExpress had maximised the value that could be extracted using the traditional FM model. The challenge then became how to deliver further improvements, particularly in the areas of supplier management, cost reduction and communication.
Connecting all of these was the necessity for reliable, real-time data. PizzaExpress explored the various software solutions available on the market, but these still relied on administrators to input the data. A complete change of approach was required.
PizzaExpress began the process by engaging with restaurant managers throughout the country. Real-time financial and compliance data was highlighted, together with a more efficient accounting system, dynamic PPM planning, and end-to-end visibility of supply chain activity.
Cloudfm were able to deliver on all counts. Their unique processes and system platform means that responsibility for inputting data resides with the engineer on site, measured by the minute to ensure clients only pay for the value received. For the first time it was possible for PizzaExpress to control activity and costs in real-time, while at the same time improving confidence in their data, compliance and trading capability.
- Within nine months of working with Cloudfm, PizzaExpress saved 30% on reactive works
- Completion against SLA increased by 28% in the first 6 months
- Timesheets have been replaced with electronic scanning, reducing administration and enabling PizzaExpress to pay engineers by the minute
- Restaurant managers can now log jobs themselves, thereby speeding up the process, creating a clear audit trail and ensuring greater visibility and accountability at building level
- As a result of not having to continually track routine activity and deal with minor issues, the Client FM team now has the time to focus on strategic improvements
- Suppliers can now be evaluated on a like for like basis, which has improved performance across the estate
- Confidence in maintenance has improved throughout the business
“We selected Cloudfm as our FM partner following a comprehensive market review. While most FM companies claim to offer visibility and control via their technology, Cloudfm was able to demonstrate that their approach would deliver.
By managing the scope for error and inefficiency inherent in manual processes, Cloudfm has created a solution that gives us greater confidence in the integrity of our data. Having improved efficiency to such an extent before working with Cloudfm, we’ve been delighted with the savings delivered and anticipate further reductions going forward. We’ve also seen significant improvements in supply chain performance, which combined with the additional resource available, has impacted positively on our customers’ experience.”